EFFECTIVENESS OF PERSONAL SELLING STRATEGIES IN MARKETING OF COSMETICS(A CASE STUDY OF BIANCA COSMETICS ENUGU)
The data for the study were collected using questionnaires and oral interviews.
The hypothesis of the study were tested using chi – square. After analyzing and testing the hypothesis the researcher made the following findings.
1. The ratio of sales expense to sales volume is not high.
2. The ratio of sales calls to sales volume is high.
3. There is a high ratio between current and past performance of sales.
4. Most sales calls normally result into sales.
5. The management of Bianca cosmetics use straight salary plan as compensation.
6. The service of both polytechnic and university graduate were used carrying out the sales task of the organization.
7. Person selling has made positive impact on the profit returns of the company.
8. It was discovered that personal selling is at great benefit to customers.
9. It was discovered that the customers are satisfied with the marketing effort of Bianca cosmetics.
10 The customers believed that the sales people
are trained to carryout the marketing task.
11 The customers are of opinion that sales people are excessively persuasive in carrying out their Selling functions.
12. It was discovered that the price of Bianca product is commensurate with its quality.
13. It was discovered that the management of Bianca cosmetics normally grants its customers some credit facilities.
Based on the findings the researcher made the following recommendations:
1. Management should indulge in consumer’s research.
2. Management of Bianca cosmetics should endeavour to establish market intelligent department.
3. The relevance of effective sales force in the marketing of cosmetics cannot be over emphasized.
4. Sales force should improve on their after sales services.
5. Management of Bianca cosmetics should once in a while organize sales promotional and public relations activities for their sales force.
Table Of ContentChapter One:
1.1 Background Of The Study
1.2 Statement Of The Problem
1.3 Objectives Of The Study
1.4 Formulation Of Hypothesis
1.5 Significance Of Study
1.6 Scope Of The Study
1.7 Limitation Of The Study
1.8 Definition Of Terms.
2.0 Review Of Related Literature
2.1 Personal Selling Defined
2.2 Development Of Personal Selling
2.3 Orientation Of Personal Selling
2.4 The Roles Of Personal Selling In A Firm’s Overall Marketing Effort.
2.5 Personal Selling Process And Its Application To Industrial Selling.
2.6 Personal Selling Strategies In Marketing Of Cosmetics.
2.7 Types Of Personal Selling
2.8 Advantages Of Personal Selling Over Other Promotional Methods.
3.0 Research Methodology And Design
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Sources Of Data
3.3 Population Of Study
3.4 Sample Size Determination
3.5 Sampling Technique
3.6 Research Instrument Used
3.7 Pre Testing Of Research Instrument
3.8 Questionnaire Administration And Response Rate.
3.9 Method Of Data Treatment And Analysis.
4.0 Presentation, Analysis And Interpretation Of Data
4.1 Presentation Of Analysis Of Data
4.2 Test Of Hypothesis
5.0 Summary Of Finding, Recommendation And Conclusion.
5.1 Summary Of Findings