EXTENT USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)
1. Important of instructional materials in teaching and learning process
2. Availability of instructional materials
3. Factors affecting the utilization of the available instructional materials
4. Strategies by which the use of instructional materials can be fully increased.
This study adopted a descriptive survey design. it was carried out in Enugu North Local Government Area of Enugu State. The population of the study was all the junior secondary school students and teachers in the field of C.R.S . Out of 14 secondary schools in Enugu North Local Government Area, 6 schools were randomly selected, picking 20 students and 4 teachers from each school which gave us a total of 120 students and 24 teachers. structured questionnaire was used for collection of data which was constructed in accordance with the research questions. The data collected were analyzed using mean and standard deviation. The interpretation of the data was based on real limit number of mean score
Based on the data analyzed the following major findings were made
1. Adequate instructional materials needed for effective teaching and learning of C.R.S is not available.
2. Only the teacher made instructional materials were being used.
3. Available instructional materials were not fully utilized.
4. Insufficient materials and equipment is a major factor affecting utilization of instructional materials.
5. Another factor affecting utilization of instruction materials is lack of fund for the purchase of the instructional materials.
6. Provision of funds by the government for procurement of instructional materials can help increase utilization of instructional materials.
1.1 Background Of The Study
1.2 Statement Of Problem
1.3 Purpose Of The Study
1.4 Significance Of The Study
1.5 Research Question
1.7 Scope Of The StudyChapter Two
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Important Of Instructional Materials In Teaching And Learning Process
2.2 Availability Of Instructional Materials
2.3 Factor Affecting The Utilization Of The Available Instructional Materials
2.4 Strategies By Which The Use Of Instructional Materials Can Be Fully Increased
3.0 Research Methodology
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Area Of The Study
3.3 Population Of The Study
3.4 source – Post Primary School Management Board
3.5 Manpower Satiric – 2009/2010
3.6 Sample And Sampling Teachniques
3.7 Instrument For Data Collection
3.8 Validation Of Instruments
3.9 Method Of Data Collection
3.10 Method Of Data Analysis
4.0 Presentation And Analysis Of Data
4.1 Research Question 1b
4.2 Research Question 2
4.3 Research Question 3
5.0 Summary, Discussion, Conclusion And Recommendation
5.2 Discussion Of Findings
5.3 Implication Of The Study
5.4 The Government
5.5 The National Policy On Education Implementation Committee
5.6 The Curriculum Organization Of Nigeria
5.8 Suggestion For Further Research