ROLE OF PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF SETRACO NIGERIA PLC, AUCHI)
- BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
At one tune in our history looking people appeared to be sufficient for choosing to work in the field. How as personal department preferring to work with humans rather than object is still important with it is grossly insufficient in these modern times personal department is one of our most complex and challenging field of endeavor. Not only most of the firms requirements for and effective work full be met the personal. Manager must b e greatly concerned with the expectoration of both employees and society in general. Society at large has produced it’s human resources to have vital needs that move beyond a “work force” status. The employee is simultaneously an instrument of the firm, a human being and a citizen. According to weichrich and koontz (2005) the personal manager is to designing and maintaining on environment in which individuals workings together in groups effcienty accomplish selected aims.
As knowledge expended in executing this roles the manager began to understand the necessity for ascertain and accommodating to the needs of human beings who constituted that workforce. He or she constantly searched for that program with would support the accomplishment of both organizational and individual objectives. The job was made mire difficult by such factors as the rise if the modern labour among the mare sing educational level of societal members the increasing size and complexity of the organization and its technology and the insistent and some times violent demands of less privileged segments of our society. The modern personal manager therefore requires a broad background in such fields as psychology sociology, philosophy economics and management. He or she must deal with issues and problems that often do not have right answer obvious to all . there will be required an ability to understand that which is not logical a capacity to project perspective, and a skill in predicting human and organizational behavior.
Personal department is getting activities completed efficiently with and through other people; since society expectation regarding appropriate treatment of its citizens are constantly changing the personal manager occupies a unique position in the firm with aspect to defining and fulfilling this encourage social role her obligations are primary there in numbers.
- Ensuring that expectations amercing the quality of work life are met.
- Ensuring that the organization is in compliance with appropriate laws and regulations effecting employees and.
- Participating in the designing and execution of periodic social audits.
Beyond adequate understating and a safe work. Environment there is evidence of growing demand for challenging and interesting jobs according respect for personnel privacy permitting greater individualism in dress and life style and assistance in planning life long careers. A type of co-operate constitutionalism is beginning to enter private enterprise when the executive power to make on lateral decisions is restricted. The employee does not give up his societal citizenship when entering the organizations. there will be increasing expectations in terms of “due process” in deciding upon lay offs and discharges freedom of speech in regard to revealing unsafe on illegal organizational activities and the right to not reveal personnel information concern to the organization. It has been suggested that firms should be measured in terms of that which will reveal the quality of work life such a absenteeism turnover alcoholism drug addiction and mental illness. If “acceptable levels are exceeded firms should be fined or taxed just as they are when they excessively pollute the water off course measuring and determiner what are acceptable level would be very difficult tasks. In addition it is not at all certain that the quality of work life is the only possible course for anabolism drug addiction and mental illness.
Through some firms successfully ignore treats issuing firm failures to improve the quality of work life they are much less able to avoid the uniform measures imposed by governmental legislation each year a greater obligation is placed upon the personnel manager to ensure organizational compliance with a lost of laws and governmental rules concerning living tracing compensating and utilization of various special groups in over society.
Personnel department is increasingly becoming a legislates process as society has become impatient with voluntary “social action” and through personnel department owns much to the intervention of government.
- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Despite the importanceofpersonnel department most organization do not give adequate priority affection to the importance role personnel department are of utmost benefit to organization this work is set out to uncover the effectiveness ofpersonnel department in on organization and to martin a workforce that would instrumentalto organization productivity.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
To identify the different personnel management techniquesused to influence the employee to evaluate the dependability ofworkers (employed) loyalty on good personnel department in the Setraco Nig Plc.
To provide for the future employee needs of the organization in terms of skills number & ages to ensure optimum use of human resources currently employed, and to know the technique used in the implementation of roles.
- RESEARCH QUESTION
- Do organization really needs personnel department to enhance effective planning
- Is the role of personnel department necessary in an organization
- To what extent do organization benefit from personnel department
- STATEMENT OF THE HYPOTHESIS
- Organization do not need personnel department to enhance effective planning
- Organization needs personnel department to enchase effective planning.
- The role of personnel department is not necessary in an organization
- The role of personnel department is necessary in an organization
- Organization do not benefits from personnel department
- Organization benefit from personnel department.
- SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study limited to the role of personnel department in on organization. this study looks at low personnel department as an imputed tool of effecting employee’s relation in the Setraco Nigeria Plc, the studyalso looks into basic needfor personnelplanning and the functionofpersonnel department .
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study is important in finding out personnel department as an importanttool of effecting employee’s relationin the Setraco Nigeria Plc, how mutual understanding exist between the employees and the management it is also useful in locating the various methods of creating and sustaining this relationship. The study is intended to identify the different personnel techniques look at there implementation and analysis of the result to these techniques when implemented. It also to uncover the rate of personnel management consciousness amongst the different employees.
- LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
In the process of collecting information for this researcher word textbooks, journals interest and magazines were conducted and used as secondary means of acquiring information that resulted in the final drafting of this work.
The research faced some limitations lake non-availability of adequate textbooks time was also a limitation test and blousing finance was a constraint ininternet browsing and photocopying of relevant materials.
To a considerable extent these constraints effected the quality of the work.
- DEFINITION OF TERMS
- : Is a process of setting objectives and goals of an organization and the formulation of a decision model for sleeting means of achieve them. It is deciding in advance what to do how to do it, when to do it and who is to do it.
- : it is the act of breaking up the work to be carried out into homogenous activities grouping activities under units department or divisions.
- : Is a process of guiding conduct and influencing people so that they well strive willingly towards the achievement of group goals.
- : this has to do with ensuring that the actual performance confirm with standard hence in case of deviation activities will be redirected to achieve organizational objectives.
- : this refer to specific of active designed to prepare active the designed to prepare and groom a worker with particular education and training for higher responsibilities.
- : is a process when the personnel department takes cognizance of a commensurate compensation this is to achieved job description, job specification job evaluation job analysis, job classification wage policy & structure, and fixing of fringe benefits and other incentives payment plants.
- : this is the processed repainting & replacing warn out parts of a machine & lubricate them. As the case may be the labour force requires much mare attention than machines if an able work force is to be maintained.
Socials Audit: is the relationship between workers management and community living in a group society.
- : this is duty or condition that indicates what action out to be baking.
- : refers to the process if carrying out a task or a piece of work in an effective and efficient way.